National Institute of Public Health NIH – NRI is one of the most reputable research and scientific institutions in Poland, operating within the area of public health. Institute’s main activities cover wide range of science research, development and educational work aiming to protect the society’s health, as well as to increase awareness regarding public health. The National Institute of Public Health NIH – NRI is the oldest public health institution in the country. In 1918 the Polish Government established the National Central Epidemiological Institute in Warsaw, which was renamed the National Institute of Hygiene on 7th of September 1923, by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Poland. In 2020 National Institute of Public Health – NIH and Food and Nutrition Institute was combined to create institution which will support society in all areas including healthy nutrition and everyday activity. In 2021 the Institute was granted status of National Research Institute.
The Institute’s mission at the turn of the years was to create public health strategy in Poland, especially in the area of prevention of infectious diseases and infections, monitoring of risk factors in food, water and air and health promotion. That’s still the case today. NIPH NIH – NRI is a member of IANPHI and collaborating with many others health responsible Institution in the world. The Institute also provides services in the field of highly specialized diagnostic tests, attestation of materials and products from health safety, quality control of radiological equipment used in medicine.
We are proud because of:
• 8 laboratories of NIPH NIH – NRI accredited by Polish Centre for Accreditation
• 2 laboratories accredited by WHO:
• Virology Department – WHO Measles/Rubella Regional Reference Laboratory
• Virology Department: WHO European Regional Polio Laboratory
• EDQM attestation for Department of Sera and Vaccines Evaluation at NIPH NIH – NRI
• Laboratory BSL3 where we can provide Identification, genotyping and molecular epidemiology of viral vector-borne infections as well as communicable viral diseases
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website https://www.pzh.gov.pl/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/